Sunday, July 23, 2006

Why I don't do evil PCs.

Ok, you might like running evil campaigns, that's fine. I don't care for them and here's why.

  1. If you allow some players to make evil characters, someone's going to want to play a paladin. It's bound to happen. This will end in one of the players being bitter because they didn't get to play the character they really wanted.
  2. Now that all your players decided to play evil or neutral characters to end the paladin debate, someone's going to be killed. Evil characters in a party is a double-cross waiting to happen. Yes, it is completely possible to have an evil party that cooperates, supports each other, shares loot, etc. But one player will get it into his head that "Hey, Gungadin the Scourge wouldn't think twice about gutting a comrade for that magic sword they found in the church, not to mention the experience for killing an equal level character single-handedly!
  3. I'm just not an evil person. See the previous blog. I can stand making evil NPCs for regular campaigns because I know the PCs are going to come in and rain fiery justice on their heads for hours (if all goes well).
So there you go. Don't try to make an evil PC in one of my campaigns, I'll rain fiery justice on your head for hours.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Track with co.mments
Blogger Jono said...

This was not directed at you. This was the result of my reading through page after page of "Why is my party killing each other?!? HELP!!!" on the WotC boards. Besides, I had to split your character from the group didn't I? Ok, ok, I did insist on playing a paladin, but I think that just proves my point. And, you tried to kill us... twice! I'm just going to avoid that from now on. But I will still allow a player to take control of evil nemises if they want. That can get interesting.

7/23/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jono said...

Dude, I know you were. I just thought everyone else should be in on the joke.

7/24/2006 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Subscribe to my feed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites
Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Subscribe in Rojo
Get RSS Buttons

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States